Sunday, June 30, 2013

Working on an adventure for Halfling's Den

In my spare time during the next month(s), I'll be working on a short adventure to be uploaded here on Halfling's Den and available for FREE. The adventure will be suitable for a party of 4 to 6 characters, levels 1 to 3, and uses the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game system. Obviously a party of four 1st level adventurers would have a bit of an hard time, and a party of six 3rd level characters wouldn't even sweat a bit, so I'm gonna include some suggestions for tweaking the various encounters based on the group's composition.
This is quite a challenge for me, because:
1. It's the first time I have to write down an adventure for anyone other than me or a friend, so I have to be super clear about everything;
2. I have to gather informations on the open licenses and the various agreements in order to avoid legal troubles;
3. Although this whole blog is written in English, my native language is Italian. This means I'll have to check every sentence a hundred times before I feel it's right. Also, I'm gonna look for someone well versed in English that can read it and find the (inevitable) errors;
4. Not knowing who is going to play the adventure means I have to put together something that has a little bit of everything: roleplaying, combat, skills, traps... This way, my creation will appeal to the broadest possible audience.
These are (roughly) the reasons my adventure will be a short module playable in 3 to 5 hours; this way I'm able to work on a little, safe gem rather than a vast, unpredictable contraption. You could say I'm a coward, well, not really, I just want to advance step by step. I'm quite the cautious person.

What about the plot?
I don't want to give too much away, so I'll leave you with some teasers:
1. It will involve those little trapmaking fellows known as kobolds!
2. There will be some roleplaying/alignment play involved, and managing it well could grant the PCs a small bonus during the adventure.
3. There's a pig, and its name is Rosie. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment